Welcome to our careers page
Please find all open positions below:
Part Time Sales Associate
As a Sales Associate at Oliver Spencer your core responsibilities will be as follows:
- Drive sales and assist with sales demands of the shop floor.
- Provide support to the retail team to ensure expectations are met on the shop floor.
Your duties will be as follows:
- Exceed expectations in customer service, providing a unique and special experience for new and returning customers.
- Understand the product and pay close attention to detail on fit, construction and technical specifications. Show ability in translating your understanding of these things and communicating them on the shop floor to customers.
- Show excellent written and verbal communication with other members of staff and customers; making sure customer and store issues and enquiries are dealt with efficiently and fed back through the necessary channels.
- Ensure frequent stock replenishments are carried out from the stock room to ensure goods sold are available to re-sell.
- Help maintain a clean and safe shopping and working environment, adhering to housekeeping standards at all times.
- Assist with weekly deliveries of stock from the warehouse and other stores.
Your primary places of work will be at our stores on Lambs Conduit Street, Berwick Street and Calvert Avenue and your working hours will be Mon-Sat 9:30am – 6:30pm and on Sunday 11.30am – 5pm 2-3 days a week.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Fabric Coordinator who has worked with Fabric previously to join a luxury menswear lifestyle brand based in London.
You must have excellent communication and organisational skills, as well as strong computer literacy, to play a key role in the smooth running of fabric sourcing, price negotiating, ordering, quality control and logistics.
- Attending design meetings.
- Sourcing new fabrics, including travel to fabric fairs.
- Understanding the woven fabrics we use and able to come up with solutions for alternatives
- Arranging strike offs and lab dips.
- Negotiating prices and lead times on fabrics.
- Create and maintain fabric files and input fabric details ensuring all codes/colour references/descriptions are correct.
- Liaise daily with fabric mills and inform relevant departments / people of any changes to delivery dates and report any under/over deliveries.
- Approve bulk fabric for delivery.
- Action any additional processes to fabric in timely manner eg; Fabric washing, embroidery etc.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of fabrics to/from multiple destinations to meet factory delivery dates, organising all logistics.
- Work with Finance to ensure all invoices are accurate and that the relevant paperwork is processed to allow prompt payments.
- Manage internal and external fabric queries/availability/quality issues/shortages.
- Manage and update stock levels on a regular basis ensuring all transfers, deliveries and returns are recorded accurately.
- Critical path management.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a role involving raw material/fabric buying.
- Basic understanding of woven textiles/fabrics and their different traits. Ideally will have studied Textiles at University.
- Experience of working with European mills.
- Experience working out fabric requirement using garment ratings.
- Must be good at calculations.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Excellent administration and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to build strong relationships with colleagues, suppliers and manufacturers.
- Good Excel skills - need to be able to create spreadsheets.
- Attention to detail, efficient and able to work calmly under pressure.
- Articulate – well-spoken and clear with their instructions.
- Hardworking attitude.
- Forward planning and pre-empting issues.
- Suggesting or implementing new processes that streamline in with the rest of the department.
- Needs to work well on own without been micro managed.
- Must have excellent organisational skills.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like us to keep your details on record.