Employment at Oliver Spencer
Oliver Spencer and Favourbrook Marketing Executive
Oliver Spencer is a men’s fashion brand based in London and sold worldwide. Oli’s vision is of stylish, high-quality clothing for the modern man, set apart by hand-crafted quality, comfort and subtly distinctive styling. The brand has grown to four London shops and one in Toronto, with further expansion planned, and has an international wholesale business with stockists including Selfridges, Mr Porter, Liberty and Le Bon Marche. Alongside these, the newly rebuilt eCommerce site oliverspencer.co.uk is growing strongly.
Owned and run by the same directors, Favourbrook is a formalwear brand selling high quality men’s and women’s clothing and accessories. With shops in central London and a website currently being revamped and expanded, Favourbrook is also at an exciting point in its development.
We are looking for an energetic and proactive individual to join our team in the position of Marketing Executive. This will be a full-time appointment to a key role in the organisation, working on both Oliver Spencer and Favourbrook brands. The successful applicant will work closely with the marketing, eCommerce and creative teams, with a great deal of input into important projects and events (catwalk shows, photoshoots, press events) and brand communications online and offline. We think it’s a great opportunity to experience and influence many exciting areas of our business, and the right person will be able to make a big difference -- and to accumulate significant responsibility.
Your responsibilities will include the following.
- Helping Oli and the team to organise and run our seasonal catwalk shows
- Working with Oli to plan and arrange seasonal campaign photoshoots
- Liaising with our PR agency on stories and events
- Managing clothing samples and press requests
- Agreeing a social media strategy with Oli and the Head of eCommerce and posting frequently on selected channels such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Working with eCommerce and Retail to conceive and execute marketing communications
- Organising our advertising schedule and adverts
eCommerce and Online Marketing:
- Organising and supervising product photography
- Assisting the Head of eCommerce with tasks such as
- Online visual merchandising
- Online product creation and maintenance
- Online advertising
- General management of the brand websites
- Working on creative assets with the Head of eCommerce, including
- Mid-season lookbooks
- Still life photography
- Video production
You will have the opportunity to be involved with many other areas, such as:
- Research into customer behaviour
- Customer marketing initiatives (designing mailshots and communications to our customers)
- Creating and maintaining fresh content for the website
- Helping plan and run retail/customer events and other initiatives
The list of potential areas to make an impact is potentially huge (the above is just a taster), so you’ll have the opportunity to involve yourself in a great variety of projects and initiatives.
You will be based at our offices on Lambs Conduit Street in Bloomsbury and will report to the eCommerce Manager, as well as working very closely with Oli. We are a friendly and open team, so you will also work closely with colleagues throughout the company -- from the design team to the sales, retail and production sides of the business.
THE IDEAL APPLICANT
You will be energetic, enthusiastic and dynamic, with very strong communication and people skills. You’ll be representing our brands both in person and in writing, so we need you to be confident in expressing yourself, and to enjoy doing so. You’ll also need to be organised and efficient, as you’ll often have multiple important projects on the go.
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Strong written communication skills
- Good computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office applications
- Organisation and planning skills
- Experience of planning and executing projects or events
- Strong interest in and enthusiasm for fashion and clothing
- 3 or more years’ experience in a marketing/communications role
- University degree
- Experience of using design/layout software such as Photoshop or Indesign
- Experience of using online CMSs such as Magento or Wordpress
- Experience of running social media channels or publishing online
HOW TO APPLY
If you’d like to apply, please send a covering letter telling us why you think you’re right for the role, along with a copy of your CV, to email@example.com.
Production & Office Assistant
Organise and order trims
Help with dockets and liaising with factories
Measure samples/PPS and helping create size specs/workbooks
Attend fit meetings
Go to factories to help with quality control (within the UK & Europe)
Communicate with the warehouse re production deliveries
Deal with any faulty/repair garments
Organise all the samples for PR and liaising with the PR companies
Help with the fashion shows
Answer the phones
General office management
We are looking for someone who has a fashion background and is super organised. Must have good computer skills and be good at multi-tasking.
Would suit a graduate who wants to learn the fashion industry.
Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am-6pm
Weekend Sales Executive
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and personable and enjoys giving superb customer service, to work across our London stores, Saturdays 10-7 and Sundays 11.30-5. If interested, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must have previous menswear retail experience and speak fluent English.
Full Time Supervisor Position (Soho Store)
We are looking for Full-Time Supervisor to assist our Manager in our Berwick street store in Soho, London.
Your core responsibilities will be as follows:
- Drive sales and manage sales demands of the shop floor in Berwick Street.
- Provide operational support to Store Manager and assume responsibility of the store in their absence.
Your duties are as follows:
- Exceed expectations in customer service management, providing a unique and special experience for new and returning customers.
- Manage store customer base; identify key customer groups and suggest innovative and progressive methods to engage, reconnect and drive customer retention. Asses the flow and demographic of footfall – communicating effectively the demands of foot traffic to ensure we’re delivering a relevant statement on the shop floor.
- Understand the product and product mix intricately, paying close attention to detail on fit, construction and technical specifications. Show ability in translating your understanding of these things and communicating them appropriately on the shop floor to customers and other junior staff.
- Show excellent written and verbal communication with staff and customers; making sure staff/customer/shop issues and enquiries are dealt with efficiently and fed back through the necessary channels.
- In the absence of the Store Manager, lead, direct and tutor other members of staff, use initiative to make decisions and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Maintain a clean and safe shopping and working environment, adhering to housekeeping standards at all times and monitor building maintenance, communicating appropriately and taking action where necessary.
- Adhere to store opening and closing procedures and following cashing up and weekly banking policies.
If interested, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. You must have previous menswear retail experience and speak fluent English.