Welcome to our careers page
Please find all open positions below:
Part Time Sales Associate
As a Sales Associate at Oliver Spencer your core responsibilities will be as follows:
- Drive sales and assist with sales demands of the shop floor.
- Provide support to the retail team to ensure expectations are met on the shop floor.
Your duties are as follows:
- Exceed expectations in customer service, providing a unique and special experience for new and returning customers.
- Understand the product and pay close attention to detail on fit, construction and technical specifications. Show ability in translating your understanding of these things and communicating them on the shop floor to customers.
- Show excellent written and verbal communication with other members of staff and customers; making sure customer and store issues and enquiries are dealt with efficiently and fed back through the necessary channels.
- Ensure frequent stock replenishments are carried out from the stock room to ensure goods sold are available to re-sell.
- Help maintain a clean and safe shopping and working environment, adhering to housekeeping standards at all times.
- Assist with weekly deliveries of stock from the warehouse and other stores.
Your primary places of work will be at our stores on Lambs Conduit Street, Berwick Street and Calvert Avenue and your working hours will be Mon-Sat 10am – 7pm and on Sunday 11.30am – 5pm.
Notting Hill Store Manager
- Maximise and drive retail sales for Oliver Spencer Studio store.
- Manage all operational aspects of Oliver Spencer Studio store.
- Be an ambassador for Oliver Spencer and lead by example on and off the shop floor.
Sales + Marketing
- Drive and manage sales in-line with financial objectives set.
- Maintain a high-level of customer service; develop and encourage close relationships with key customers; encouraging loyalty and exceeding expectations.
- Monitor competitor and local activity to ensure the store proposition feels current and engaging.
- Work with head office to devise retail marketing / communications calendar; planning customer and promotional events.
- Constantly look at ways to drive traffic and maintain customer retention in-store.
- Work to weekly, monthly, seasonal and annual brand / store objectives.
- Manage and oversee the presentation of the store, ensuring that it falls in line with brand expectations.
- Manage and oversee the stock control in-store; handling weekly replenishments, managing a safe and organised stock room, coordinate stock takes and continually look at ways to improve loss-prevention.
- Understand intricately how to operate retail EPOS system and other systems.
- Work closely with back office teams; helping provide buying strategies to ensure the retail proposition is in line with the shop demands.
- Ensure the store operates according to and in compliance with all regulatory, environmental and legal rules and requirements.
- Coordinate and motivate the team to provide a consistent, high level of customer service in-store.
- Help integrate and train new and existing sales staff on brand and product knowledge.
- Encourage feedback discussions with team to guarantee the circulation of information and improve the operations of the store and maintain a high-level of morale within the team.
- Inform the all company staff about events and activity in store and store staff of events and activity in the wider company.
- Lead by example towards all members of the retail team, on and off the shop floor.
Wholesale Sales Executive
The position offers the opportunity to join a wholesale sales agency that works closely with a few brands and chiefly the menswear brands Oliver Spencer and Universal Works. The Candidate would work with the Oliver Spencer collections internationally and Universal Works in the UK market. The role is primarily concerned with developing the market place and growing sales for all the collections every season. The position does include work with other brands and/or collections, for wholesale activity and brand consultancy. This is part of the wider remit of MOM agency Ltd.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Direct involvement in presenting collections 4 times a year to wholesale buyers and store owners. Working out of a showroom base in central London the candidate would also frequently work at trade show events and temporary showrooms internationally. The candidate would also work alongside and coordinate with an small network of agents and distributors in other territories. The Oliver Spencer sales activity would be international and mainly focused on the European market so some market knowledge here would be of value. European Language skills would be of great value but not essential. Seasonal sales targets would mean this role entails maintaining existing relationships and growing sales based on their enhancement. In addition there is an expectation for pioneering new customer opportunities keenly looking for growth through new distribution.
Alongside the sales activity is an emphasis on management and administration of key accounts. This entails working with retailer merchandising teams to maximize the sell-through efficiency in these key retail environments. Detailed knowledge of these retailers’ systems for reporting and trading would need to be developed. This is a key aspect of the job role and demands attention to detail and the ability to dissect and utilize large amounts of data. There is also a requirement to develop and demonstrate a deep knowledge of the order and production systems used by Oliver Spencer.
Further contributions for commercial feedback to the design and development teams of the collections sold is a requisite too. So good product knowledge is highly valued for this role.
Skills and Qualifications:
Formal industry and degree level qualifications are welcomed in Fashion Marketing and other fashion related degrees and courses. Experience from the market would be held in equal value too. A retail background is considered of real value in relation to this wholesale position.
The candidate should demonstrate up to date knowledge of the contemporary fashion market; both in regards to collections and designers as well as retailers. This would apply mainly to the UK market but any knowledge of menswear internationally would be considered a positive. The candidate should be a good communicator both verbally and written, sensitive to the customer they are working with at any particular time. They must demonstrate an ability to tailor the style and nature of any selling interaction in order to make it appropriate to the customer.
There is a lot of computer admin with this role so the candidate should be as confident with this as selling.
Based in Holborn, Monday to Friday 9am-6pm